Back to Blog
Please wash your hands before putting your bins outIn order to keep our operatives safe during Covid-19, it would be appreciated if householders wash their hands as per NHS guidance and/or wear gloves when putting out their bins and boxes for collection. This will help minimise any chance of Coronavirus cross contamination.
See Teignbridge website here for further info including updates on where and when household collections may be disrupted.
All 19 of Devon County Council’s recycling centres have been closed until further notice effective immediately. It follows the Prime Minister’s announcement on Monday night regarding the temporary restrictions on movement being put in place as a result of Covid-19.
During this time if you have waste you can:
• Use existing kerbside collection services for recycling any materials that can be accepted in that collection
• Home compost
• Leave grass cuttings on the lawn where they will mulch down to provide nutrients
• Hire a skip/Hippo bag or similar
• Avoid projects that generate waste (eg postpone clearing out your garage/shed or doing your garden make-over)
• Store your waste at home until the restrictions are lifted